Imagine saving more than 8 working hours every week.
Yes, you heard it right.
You can save hours of work with one simple solution – automation.
Automated workflows have become a one-stop solution for businesses to do more with less.
When you can put several tasks on auto-pilot, why not leverage it to the fullest.
From automated data compilation to automated invoicing, task management to client onboarding – workflow automations enable teams across all domains to significantly reduce the workload.
And to do this, there are ample tools available to get started.
One of the most popular tools is Zapier that is home to over a thousand apps.
Zapier lets you integrate two or more apps to create ‘zaps’ and set up automated workflows between them.
Just set up a ‘zap’ [i.e. automation workflow] and put your work on auto-pilot.
While Zapier is an amazing integration tool, several other Zapier alternatives have gained momentum for their ease of use, pricing details, and how smoothly the integrations work.
This article will look into the top 7 Zapier alternatives that you can try and save your business hours.
Table of Contents
Top 7 Zapier Alternatives to Reduce Workload in 2022
N.w. The Zapier alternatives mentioned in this article are not in any particular order.
Automate.io is an easy-to-use integration platform and one of the leading Zapier alternatives.
You can integrate more than 200 cloud-based apps to create automated workflows, also known as Bots, for marketing, sales and eCommerce.
Create automated workflows with two or more apps and put your work on auto-pilot.
The bots, once created, keep running uninterrupted giving you ample time to focus on other important works.
- Ease of use: Automate.io has a simple interface that takes only a few minutes to understand and use. The easy drag and drop workflow automation builder lets you create bots in less than a minute. Create one-to-one integration or multi-step bots and get everything set up without any technical know-how or IT help.
- Actions: Automate.io lets you run around 250 tasks in a month on a free plan as compared to only 100 in Zapier’s free plan.
Small and medium businesses, eCommerce platforms, solopreneurs, sales and marketing agencies and anyone looking to integrate apps easily.
- Complete free plan available.
- Paid plans start at $29/month with a free trial option.
Looking for a powerful free Zapier alternative?
Integromat is your answer.
From simple to highly complex workflow automations, Integromat supports it all.
It offers tech-savvy users ample scope to explore automations using the visual editor that infuses coding elements like HTTP/SOAP and JSON.
If you have no coding knowledge, Integromat may be difficult to start out with.
But if you do, this platform will blow your mind with the capabilities it holds.
- Comprehensive free plan: For anyone who is starting out, Integromat has an elaborate free plan.
- Visual editor: The editor is clean and intuitive to use.
- Iteration options: Integromat lets you retrieve and iterate multiple data at a given time which is otherwise difficult in other apps.
- Developer platform: Integromat has a separate developer platform where you can create your own app with app development services.
- Has a completely free plan.
- Paid plans start at $9/month.
Outfunnel is a Zapier alternative for sales-marketing tools integrations. Outfunnel focuses on connecting sales and marketing data, deeply and easily.
What does that mean? Well, the “easily” part means that the setup takes less than 15 minutes and requires no technical know-how.
The “deeply” part means that the connections you can set up between your tools are not superficial, but actually useful for both salespeople and marketers.
- Keep sales and marketing contact lists in sync 24/7, so you can set up your marketing campaigns once and they will run automatically based on data changes in the CRM. (Works with Pipedrive, Copper, and HubSpot CRM.)
- Automatically share marketing data with sales. Email opens, clicks, form fills, web visits, etc. gets recorded in your CRM, so sales has full context and can sell smarter.
- Sync contacts from web forms and landing pages to your CRM, along with custom field mapping.
- Small and medium sized businesses where sales and marketing need to work together to drive revenue.
- Paid plans start at $19/month with 14-day free trial.
Tray.io is an enterprise level low-code automation tool and is mostly used by large SaaS companies.
Tray.io allows companies to include a large suite of integrations to their product without having to build one from scratch.
For that, they have Tray Embedded that comes handy if you are running a SaaS product.
- Connector press: Allows users to connect any web app to Tray.io even if the app is not present in the Tray app library.
- Scalable: Tray.io is a powerful tool with a custom API making it a highly sustainable and scalable option.
- Drag and drop interface: Tray.io offers an easy automation workflow builder with its simple drag and drop builder. Alternatively, you can also write your own code in automations.
- Free trial available.
- Paid plans start at $695/month when billed annually. Custom pricing option is also available.
N8n is a free open source Zapier alternative and a star in the no-code automation space.
Since it is open-sourced, it lets you host and create comprehensive automated workflows.
N8n has a no-code editor and an effective list of apps available to integrate easily.
N8n caters to a more tech-savvy group of users as it comes with a wide range of possibilities without costing a dime.
- Self hosted version: N8n has a completely free self-hosted version that you can use forever.
- Flexible and advanced: Experienced developers can tweak the code in any way they want, giving ample flexibility.
- Multi-conditional triggers: N8n has more multi-conditional triggers for any specific events than any of its competitors, especially Zapier.
- Completely free
Workato is a free Zapier alternative with a wide range of features designed for businesses, professionals and teams.
While the free plan is ideal for individual users looking to automate personal tasks, businesses and teams benefit most from the paid plans.
- Smart triggers: Workato has a smart trigger feature that makes it easy to create complex automation workflows. You will find conditional triggers, record duplication detection, in-sequence processing and more.
- Easy interface: Workato is popular for its simple interface making it extremely user-friendly. The interface is intuitive in nature and requires no coding know-how.
- Community recipes: There are over 225,000+ community recipes that can help you create automated workflows in minutes. These recipes are easy to use and can be customized if you want to.
- Free version for individuals is available.
- Pricing ranges from $249 to $5999. You need to get a quote whether you are seeking a business plan or a professional plan.
IFTTT stands for “If this then that”.
One of the easiest and user-friendly automation tools, IFTTT has simple conditions to build automated workflows.
These workflows, also called applets, can be anything – from running your social media apps to automating your smart home by integrating with digital voice assistants.
It is important to note that IFTTT is a low-code automation tool that allows you to build in-house integrations if you want.
- Bold UX and easy UI: IFTTT is popular for its intuitive UI and bold UX design. This platform offers a unique user experience and is perfect to build simple workflows.
- Pre-built templates: IFTTT has several pre-built applets that are ready to use.
- Has a Forever Free plan with unlimited applets
- Paid plan starts at $3.99/month
IFTTT has a separate plan for Developers starting at $199/year and plan for Team that is based on pay as you grow.
These are a few Zapier alternatives that are worth giving a shot.
Each platform is unique and has something important to offer.
So, choose the tool that is ideal for your requirements and can help you scale.
While Zapier continues to be the pioneer in the automation space, the competition has become fierce with so many other tools diversifying the field.
As a consumer, you know it’s great news.
Make sure you utilize the free trials for any tool you choose and of course, try as many tools as you can.
This way, you will know which tool is best suited for your needs.
Pritha Bose is a content marketing person working with global brands to drive organic growth and brand visibility. She writes on business & sales automation, consumer marketing, advertisement, social media marketing, etc, and has successfully contributed to G2Crowd, Martech Advisor, JeffBullas, Smart Insights, and more. Currently, Pritha is the Senior Content Marketer at Automate.io
Microsoft Flow is a truly impressive and underrated feature-rich service that consistently outshines Zapier. Using Microsoft Flow you can utilize numerous templates to quickly create automated workflows between your favorite apps and services, sync files, collect data, and much more.
Serving more than 30,000 organizations worldwide, Automate.io is another major Zapier competitor. This modern integration platform as a service (iPaaS) allows you to program complex workflows spanning across multiple apps.
Zapier can save you time
Most businesses operate using a range of manual tasks, with staff rekeying data from one app into another which is extremely inefficient. Using Zapier means you can connect the apps, pass the data automatically, and not only save time but remove human error too.
Zapier's top competitors include Workato, Bitskout, and Synatic. Workato is an Enterprise Automation Platform that enables both business and IT teams to integrate their apps and automate business workflows without compromising securi…Is Zapier better than Ifttt? ›
The biggest difference between the two is that Zapier can automate more business-type apps, with more actions available per app than IFTTT, making it better for an office environment. However, IFTTT has more personal, home-focused apps, making it the better choice if you have more of those.Who is Zapier owned by? ›
Wade Foster - Co-founder and CEO - Zapier | LinkedIn.Is Zapier free forever? ›
Zapier does have a free forever plan, however it's rather limiting - you can only create two-step zaps, and you don't get access to advanced features like paths, or to premium apps. For it's paid plans, Zapier does offer a 14 day free trial when you first sign up. Want more automation resources sent to your inbox?How much does Zapier cost per month? ›
|Team||$299.00 Request Demo|
Zapier is almost the inverse of Power Automate. There are many, many applications in Zapier, but there is a lack of most Office 365 or Microsoft integrations, or they are very basic.How reliable is Zapier? ›
Yes, Zapier is a legit company and safe to use. Zapier takes security of data very seriously. They use bank-level encryption on credentials.
Is Zapier hard to learn? There's a learning curve for sure, but Zapier has excellent beginner guides and learning resources mean that after even an hour or so, you should be able to start setting up simple zaps.Is Zapier worth? ›
They have good ways to request features too." "Easy to setup, easy to implement and super-feature rich. Zapier is great for any kind of connections and transferring data between platforms." "The ability to integrate multiple apps, the most popular one, with those we're just starting to build."Is Zapier an API? ›
Zapier's Partner API is your best embed option if you want to have complete style control over a user's experience with Zapier within your app. Essentially, it lets you customize how you present Zapier within your product without sacrificing your app's look, feel, and flow.Is Workato like Zapier? ›
With Workato, you can use data that existed before the automation went live, while Zapier can't access any data that came in before a zap. Workato can also guarantee zero data loss from an interruption, while Zapier can't. Finally, unlike Zapier, Workato can move large amounts of data with high throughput.Can you use Zapier with Todoist? ›
Zapier lets you connect Todoist with thousands of the most popular apps, so you can automate your work and have more time for what matters most—no code required.Do people still use IFTTT? ›
With 18 million users running more than a billion applets a month, IFTTT wants to become a service that connects pretty much everything — though some users say it still has room for improvement. What is IFTTT?Does IFTTT run in the cloud? ›
IFTTT allows you to connect to cloud services and Internet-enabled devices to create some useful automated actions to make your digital life easier.What is IFTTT app? ›
Download the app. IFTTT is an automation tool that lets you script actions together across apps and services, without needing to code. Rafael Henrique/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images. IFTTT is shorthand for If This Then That; it's an automation tool for connecting apps and services.What programming language does Zapier use? ›
Zapier is a monolithic application built on Python and Django. There's a lot of momentum with Python and it is very difficult changing course to another programming language while the service is running.What does the word Zapier mean? ›
Zapier is a product that allows end users to integrate the web applications they use and automate workflows.
Management varies, they are growing. I enjoyed my time at Zapier. The culture is amazing, even though there are a few "typical tech types" in higher positions of power (the kinds who don't exactly value diversity), the company as a whole is amazing, starting with the founders. One large con is the pay.What are the core features of Zapier? ›
- Multi-tasking? Meet multi-step Zaps. ...
- Play by your own (logic) rules. With paths, a Zap can perform different actions based on if/then logic. ...
- Run Zaps exactly when you want. With filters, your Zap will only run when a certain condition is met. ...
- Make your data match your style.
Zapier is powered by a wide range of open source projects, including Django, Node. js, React, and more. And we're proud to have published over 25 open source projects of our own, each of which are featured on our new Open Source at Zapier directory.How do you automate workflow? ›
- Start small but start now.
- Identify stakeholders and document who does what and when.
- Create a workflow diagram.
- Implement the workflow using simple automation software.
- Test the workflow.
- Deploy the workflow and train users.
- Solicit feedback and iteratively improve.
- Analyze and optimize.
- Webhooks by Zapier. Premium. Webhooks simply POST data (or JSON) to a specific URL every time we see something new. ...
- Facebook Lead Ads. Premium. ...
- Salesforce. Premium. ...
- Shopify. Premium. ...
- QuickBooks Online. Premium. ...
- Zoho CRM. Premium. ...
- Zendesk. Premium. ...
- LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms. Premium.
It can therefore take up to 15 minutes for a Zap to be triggered after the trigger event happens. Triggers labeled Instant will always trigger Zaps immediately (regardless of pricing plan) as the trigger app pushes the data to Zapier when the event happens.How often does a zap run? ›
Typically, Zaps only run when a trigger event occurs in an app. With schedule triggers, you can choose to run your Zap every month, week, day, or hour. For example, you might want to add a new task to your task management app at the start of every week to set your weekly goals.What are the disadvantages of Zapier? ›
The negative aspects of Zapier is that at the beginning it is difficult to take advantage of Zapier, due to the learning curve, the free version is very limited (the number of 'Zaps and applications), also something that I did not like is the customer support that sometimes does not provide solutions.Does Zapier store data? ›
Where does Zapier store data? Zapier hosts data in AWS servers located in the United States, including customers' personal data and the data that is processed on behalf of customers.How long has Zapier been around? ›
Zapier is based in Sunnyvale, California, but it employs a distributed workforce of 125 employees located around the United States and in 13 other countries. Zapier was started in Columbia, Missouri by co-founders Wade Foster, Bryan Helmig, and Mike Knoop as part of the first Startup Weekend Columbia in 2011.
Zapier is an automation platform that connects your work apps and does repetitive tasks for you. Zapier automates your work by connecting your apps and then moving information between them based on rules you set.Is Zapier AI? ›
Zapier lets you connect WriteWith.AI with thousands of the most popular apps, so you can automate your work and have more time for what matters most—no code required.How do I use Zapier in Google Sheets? ›
- Make sure the first row is a header row with column names. ...
- Don't include headers for separate sections but do remove blank rows. ...
- Don't delete rows. ...
- Don't include punctuation in your Sheet name. ...
- Turn your Zap off before making changes to your sheet.
Think approval workflows, kicking-of Zaps via buttons, sharing links or photos from your phone into Zaps. The Zapier for iOS app is going into beta testing! You can configure your own mobile buttons with any number of fields to pass into a Zap.Does Zapier work with Salesforce essentials? ›
Zapier lets you connect Salesforce Essentials with thousands of the most popular apps, so you can automate your work and have more time for what matters most—no code required.How many zaps do you get on a free plan? ›
The Zapier free plan allows users to set up to 5 Zaps. It also limits users to 100 tasks per month; in other words, 100 activations of your Zaps before the service stops working until the next month. The Zapier free plan also limits users to single-step Zaps, and it only checks for updates every 15 minutes.Is Zapier a SaaS? ›
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, Mailchimp, and more. It offers a SaaS-tool that connects applications and automates workflows. Zapier's product allows users to move data and automate tasks.Does Zapier have a REST API? ›
Zapier is an application that integrates applications together. Users can choose triggers that automatically push data and content from one application to another. With Zapier, developers and users can integrate applications with API keys.What is a Zapier trigger? ›
A trigger is an event that starts a Zap. Once you turn on a Zap, Zapier will monitor for that trigger event. Example. You want to set up a Zap to send a direct message in Slack to yourself every time you receive a new email in Gmail. In this Zap, the trigger is the new email in Gmail.How much does Workato cost? ›
According to our study, Workato's annual pricing typically runs in the $15,000 - $50,000, depending on how many connectors and integration templates you use and how you need to configure your workspaces. Like many SaaS vendors, Workato provides each potential client with a custom estimate upon request.
- SnapLogic Intelligent Integration Platform (IIP)
- MuleSoft Anypoint Platform.
While Mulesoft and Workato play in the same broader integration and automation space, we have distinct centers of gravity. Mulesoft started in the early 2000s with a strong focus on unlocking legacy apps, connecting them with the emerging cloud apps, and enabling the legacy capabilities as microservices.Do you have to pay for Todoist? ›
Todoist is completely free to use. When you need higher project limits or additional features like reminders, you can always upgrade to the Pro or Business plan.How do you automate Todoist? ›
- Click your avatar in the top-right corner of Todoist.
- Select Integrations.
- To the right of Automate.io, click on the X.
- Click OK to confirm.
If you've set up the integration with your Primary Google Calendar: Open the Todoist web app. Go to the project that your Google Calendar events have been synced to. If you're unsure which project was synced, find a synced Todoist task on your Google Calendar and search for that task in Todoist.Is Power automate the same as Zapier? ›
Zapier is almost the inverse of Power Automate. There are many, many applications in Zapier, but there is a lack of most Office 365 or Microsoft integrations, or they are very basic.Is Workato like Zapier? ›
With Workato, you can use data that existed before the automation went live, while Zapier can't access any data that came in before a zap. Workato can also guarantee zero data loss from an interruption, while Zapier can't. Finally, unlike Zapier, Workato can move large amounts of data with high throughput.Is Zapier trusted? ›
Is Zapier safe and legit? Yes, Zapier is a legit company and safe to use. Zapier takes security of data very seriously. They use bank-level encryption on credentials.How much does Workato cost? ›
According to our study, Workato's annual pricing typically runs in the $15,000 - $50,000, depending on how many connectors and integration templates you use and how you need to configure your workspaces. Like many SaaS vendors, Workato provides each potential client with a custom estimate upon request.How much does Zapier cost per month? ›
|Team||$299.00 Request Demo|
- SnapLogic Intelligent Integration Platform (IIP)
- MuleSoft Anypoint Platform.
While Mulesoft and Workato play in the same broader integration and automation space, we have distinct centers of gravity. Mulesoft started in the early 2000s with a strong focus on unlocking legacy apps, connecting them with the emerging cloud apps, and enabling the legacy capabilities as microservices.How much is Zapier worth? ›
Sequoia Capital and Steadfast Financial bought shares from some of the company's original investors in January 2021, raising Zapier's valuation to $5 billion. It is one of the highest valued companies to come out of the Y Combinator program, and brought in $140 million in annually recurring revenue as of January 2021.What are the disadvantages of Zapier? ›
The negative aspects of Zapier is that at the beginning it is difficult to take advantage of Zapier, due to the learning curve, the free version is very limited (the number of 'Zaps and applications), also something that I did not like is the customer support that sometimes does not provide solutions.What type of program is Zapier? ›
Zapier is an automation platform that connects your work apps and does repetitive tasks for you. Zapier automates your work by connecting your apps and then moving information between them based on rules you set.Is Zapier hard to learn? ›
Is Zapier hard to learn? There's a learning curve for sure, but Zapier has excellent beginner guides and learning resources mean that after even an hour or so, you should be able to start setting up simple zaps.Is Workato a good company? ›
Workato is powerful and noticeably my favorite enterprise integration platform that has completely automated all of my tedious and complex workloads, as well as providing us with the proper and robust tool for smoother integration.Is Workato a good place to work? ›
98% of employees at Workato say it is a great place to work compared to 57% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. Source: Great Place to Work® 2021 Global Employee Engagement Study.Who is Workato? ›
Workato helps you automate business workflows across cloud and on-premises apps. For example, automate quote-to-cash business processes which may involve transferring data between apps such as Salesforce, Netsuite, Bill.com , and Apttus.